Butter Chicken is one of the most popular and best known Indian dishes around the world. But it has two problems – it takes an hour or more to make and isn’t very healthy.
PROBLEM SOLVED! Here is the easiest way to make butter chicken in a healthy recipe.
I was making some soup and decided to add a few ingredients – the result was a great tasting butter chicken in about 15 minutes and more than half the calories. It all started with a box of great soup.
– 1 box of roasted red tomato soup (serves 2 to 3)
– add 1.5 tspn of curry powder or masala
– take half a tspn of fennel seeds and 2 to 3 cloves – grind into powder form and add to soup
– add parsley – finely chopped
– add green onion – finely chopped
– quarter cup cream or to taste
– stir and cook for 10 minutes or simmer for 15 minutes
– add cooked chicken -cubed or shredded or pour over chicken breast and bake at 450 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
– serve with cooked rice and naan bread
I added vegetable flavoured crackers and tofu for a vegetarian dish. Recommend adding veggies too.
(ingredients can be altered to taste and different spice levels)
All ingredients – soup, spices, veggies and cooked chicken available at Super Valu on 1st Avenue and Commerical Drive – open 24/7