Want to make a grilled sandwich with perfectly melted cheese, crispy and toasty on the outside? Here are some tips from the Super Valu kitchen
- Choose fresh bread that is wide and medium sliced
- One side use shredded cheese like a marble mix
- Slice vegetables thin– here we use salt and peppered tomato, onions and a bit of spinach
- On the other side, under the veggies is more cheese but not just any kind of cheese – raclette cheese – because it was made to melt gooey and is delicious
- Use butter or light mayo on the outsides of the sandwich before pan frying to golden perfection. Make sure the pan is nice and medium hot to avoid burning
- Cut into half or 4 squares for perfect dipping in your favorite soup
You must be logged in to post a comment.