Baked Penne Butter Chicken Flavoured Pasta
Perfect for the winter season – this recipe has a perfect blend of garlic, ginger and spices to keep the immune system strong
- boil 3 cups of pasta as per instructions on product label
- chop/cube 1 onion, 4 cloves of garlic, finger of ginger, 2 green and 2 red peppers. Can add other veggies as desired
- mix vegetables together for 15-20 minutes until medium soft
- in larger pot – add 1 jar of your favourite pasta sauce (we used tomatoes and pesto)
- 1 large spoon of pesto
- 2 large spoons of butter chicken paste (spicy)
- add half cup of cream
- mix well and simmer for 10 minutes
- mix veggies into sauce and let sit for 5 minutes, add cooked pasta.
- put the entire mixture into a baking dish
- add cheese to the top – thinly slices or shredded (cheddar or marble)
- 425 for 15-20 minutes to bake until cheese is browned
- Let sit 10 minutes and serve with salad and garlic bread
- add chicken or turkey as needed for a non veg option.
*see picture above for types of products used in this recipe from Super Valu.
*serves 4 to 6