Here at Super Valu, we love to celebrate the successes of our staff. Niall McNeill is making headlines again. He is an actor in the “King Arthur’s Night” production being showcased during the 2018 PuSh Festival. The Province Newspaper calls it a must see. Here is the article and a clip below. Make sure to congratulate Niall or better yet get tickets to the show and cheer him on.
If you’ve shopped at Super Valu on 1st Avenue and Commercial Drive, you have likely met Niall – he celebrates a special anniversary with us. Our staff made this video for him. Also he is a local actor – look for him in cool new productions.
Butter Chicken is one of the most popular and best known Indian dishes around the world. But it has two problems – it takes an hour or more to make and isn’t very healthy.
PROBLEM SOLVED! Here is the easiest way to make butter chicken in a healthy recipe.
I was making some soup and decided to add a few ingredients – the result was a great tasting butter chicken in about 15 minutes and more than half the calories. It all started with a box of great soup.
– 1 box of roasted red tomato soup (serves 2 to 3)
– add 1.5 tspn of curry powder or masala
– take half a tspn of fennel seeds and 2 to 3 cloves – grind into powder form and add to soup
– add parsley – finely chopped
– add green onion – finely chopped
– quarter cup cream or to taste
– stir and cook for 10 minutes or simmer for 15 minutes
– add cooked chicken -cubed or shredded or pour over chicken breast and bake at 450 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
– serve with cooked rice and naan bread
I added vegetable flavoured crackers and tofu for a vegetarian dish. Recommend adding veggies too.
(ingredients can be altered to taste and different spice levels)
All ingredients – soup, spices, veggies and cooked chicken available at Super Valu on 1st Avenue and Commerical Drive – open 24/7