We are more than just a full service grocery store – we are your one stop shop for everything! From lottery tickets, fresh coffee, ready made foods, deals galore, household items and FRESH FLOWERS daily! We have season greeting cards for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, birthdays to Christmas.
Chocolates? Yes. A great gift idea – get us to make a food platter or a gift basket of goodies. Call us to order 604-254-1214
Best part – we are open 24 hours a day! Corner of 1st Ave and Commercial Drive -home of convenience and everything you need daily to last minute.
We make sure to buy products from local companies to sell in store like Chaser’s Juice company. Find their fresh juices daily at the end of the produce isle near the deli.
We believe in “buy local, shop local.” Just like the giant sign that hangs in the entrance.
Chaser’s juices are the best – made fresh, no additives or water. Check our social media for upcoming tastings.
Kids love making toys but not eating their veggies. Well how about assembling a veggie train like this.
Each station can have their favorite dip.
We recommend an adult do all the cutting and leave the assembling to kids.
The train carts are halves of peppers with seeds removed. Each cart can have any kind of veggie seen in the picture. Carrots, broccoli, cucumber sticks, sliced peppers, beans, cauliflower and more. The wheels are slices of cucumbers pinned in – make sure to remove before eating.
Next – try a fruit train using scooped out small watermelon halves or big apples. Fill with your favorite fruits!
Want to make a grilled sandwich with perfectly melted cheese, crispy and toasty on the outside? Here are some tips from the Super Valu kitchen
- Choose fresh bread that is wide and medium sliced
- One side use shredded cheese like a marble mix
- Slice vegetables thin– here we use salt and peppered tomato, onions and a bit of spinach
- On the other side, under the veggies is more cheese but not just any kind of cheese – raclette cheese – because it was made to melt gooey and is delicious
- Use butter or light mayo on the outsides of the sandwich before pan frying to golden perfection. Make sure the pan is nice and medium hot to avoid burning
- Cut into half or 4 squares for perfect dipping in your favorite soup