What are some of the best places to picnic in Vancouver? Here is a great article on the TOP 5 PICNIC SPOTS IN THE CITY
CONTEST: Enter to win this picnic basket and gift cards to Super Valu this month. Simply go to our facebook, twitter and instagram and follow the instructions – you can enter up to 3 times. And don’t forget to tell us about your favourite picnic spots.
Sunday July 10th – 9am to 11am
Sunday July 24th -9am to 11am
Join us in store on your way to a picnic, hike or any outdoor adventure – buy any ready to go food items in store like:
-sandwiches and salads
-fruit and veggie platters
-fresh juices and refreshments
and you get a chance to SPIN AND WIN for prizes!
*conditions apply, purchase required.
Butter Chicken is one of the most popular and best known Indian dishes around the world. But it has two problems – it takes an hour or more to make and isn’t very healthy.
PROBLEM SOLVED! Here is the easiest way to make butter chicken in a healthy recipe.
I was making some soup and decided to add a few ingredients – the result was a great tasting butter chicken in about 15 minutes and more than half the calories. It all started with a box of great soup.
– 1 box of roasted red tomato soup (serves 2 to 3)
Trying to cut the carbs out of your salads. Love croutons? Here are 2 great healthy alternatives that also taste great and let you keep the crunch in your salads. The crackers crumbled up offer spicy kick and the sprinkles are a great source of essential nutrients your body needs including flu fighting foods like garlic.
The crackers are in store now and we are trying to get the line of natural food energy mix from www.raenergeryfoods.com
The vegan line of dips includes great flavours like pesto, roasted garlic and chipotle.
Here are some of the dishes and ways to use these sauces:
- great topping for eggs instead of hollandaise sauce and cut the calories by more than half
- for veggie dip platter
- pesto for pasta sauce – mix with tomatoes for a great rose sauce
- on bagels or toast
- in sandwiches
- for mash potatoes
Any dish, any meal – these sauces are a must have in your fridge for vegans and non vegans alike. Available to you 24/7 because we never close. Corner of 1st avenue and Commercial Drive.
Take a tour inside Super Valu and behind the scenes.
-2 chicken breasts cubed
-5 to 10 pieces of chopped
-garlic 1 container of low salt Campbell’s chicken broth
-your fav mix of veggies (steam)
-half teaspoon of curry powder
-teaspoon of thai sauce
-half teaspoon of extra hot, hot sauce
-4 to 5 dashes each of garlics salt, pepper, Italian seasoning or to taste
-cup of elbow or penne pasta
Steam veggies, cook pasta separately. In separate pot, cook chicken with 2 sticks of chopped celery for 20-25 minutes. Combine all ingredients and let cook on medium heat for another 10-20 minutes or simmer for 30-40 minutes – stirring occasionally.
The many spices and handful of garlic combine well and boost up the immune system while waking up the taste buds. Ideal for any common cold.
Perfect for the winter season – this recipe has a perfect blend of garlic, ginger and spices to keep the immune system strong
- boil 3 cups of pasta as per instructions on product label
- chop/cube 1 onion, 4 cloves of garlic, finger of ginger, 2 green and 2 red peppers. Can add other veggies as desired
- mix vegetables together for 15-20 minutes until medium soft
- in larger pot – add 1 jar of your favourite pasta sauce (we used tomatoes and pesto)
- 1 large spoon of pesto
- 2 large spoons of butter chicken paste (spicy)
- add half cup of cream
- mix well and simmer for 10 minutes
- mix veggies into sauce and let sit for 5 minutes, add cooked pasta.
- put the entire mixture into a baking dish
- add cheese to the top – thinly slices or shredded (cheddar or marble)
- 425 for 15-20 minutes to bake until cheese is browned
- Let sit 10 minutes and serve with salad and garlic bread
- add chicken or turkey as needed for a non veg option.
*see picture above for types of products used in this recipe from Super Valu.
*serves 4 to 6